I wanted to keep some kind of journal about my life living in England, and I figured what better way to do that, while also keeping my friends and family up to date, than with a blog. So here it is - enjoy; I know I am!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bon Jovi - I Would


I can't believe I am sitting on my couch right now, blogging about the Bon Jovi concert last night, but I am.  Sarah, Kari, Britny, Cara and I were so excited as we made the long journey from Maidstone to the O2 Arena.  When we got there and made our way to the very top (ya, we were very far away, but whatever, it was still awesome) we looked down on a nearly full arena and thought, wow.  It was seriously so packed.  After a while of waiting, people were starting to get anxious - we wanted Bon Jovi.  Suddenly we noticed the wave coming towards us so we participated.  It continued along the circle in the upper level and made it almost to the end before it stopped.  The other side started it again though, and it made it all the way around that time.  The cheers that erupted from the upper level of the arena, including mine, were overwhelming, and amazingly, the bottom level joined in and we went around the entire arena TWO times, totally synchronized.  It was so cool - I mean, I have done the wave before at sporting events and such, but never before has one involved every single person in the entire (and massive, 20 000 people) arena.  It's amazing how the love for one band can bring thousands of people together.

And even better, at the end of our second lap around the circle, Bon Jovi came out!  Hurray!  He opened with a new song that I didn't really know but then just rocked out to a great mixture of new and old; he sang a number of classics including Cowboy, Bad Medicine, Livin' on a Prayer, You Give Love a Bad Name, Bed of Roses, and my two favourites, I'll Be There (which I was totally suprised and incredibly excited to hear) and It's My Life which was his encore.  He even stopped in about the middle of the concert and told us that "the jube box is open tonight" and then sang The Rolling Stones' Painted Black and Pretty Woman.  It was awesome. 
He would also stop and let the audience sing HUGE parts of his songs; not just a few lines, like whole versus and chorus's while he stood there and smiled out at everyone.  It was so great - he is a wonderful performer.  And he's hot too, I must say.  I mean for man in his forties, I would.

No comments: