I wanted to keep some kind of journal about my life living in England, and I figured what better way to do that, while also keeping my friends and family up to date, than with a blog. So here it is - enjoy; I know I am!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Dave: Too Much to Handle

I really don't know what to write in this blog.  I've been trying to think of something clever to say for the last ten minutes; something other than, "wow, Dave was freaking fantastic," which you have heard from me before about various other things...but I can't think of anything even remotely creative right now, so I guess I will just stick with that.  Yup.  Dave was FANTASTIC. 
As a relatively new Dave Matthews fan I can't really get too detailed about the life and times of everyone in the band, not that you would want to read about that anyways.  I can tell you, though, that if you ever get the opportunity to see them live it would be a sin not to go.  They are just awesome.  I mean, they have music wars; the bassist, the saxophonist, the drummer, the violinist (who, might I add, is absolutely incredible) just battle it out with their instruments for like twenty minutes and Dave just stands back and lets them give'r.  It's pretty sweet.  And Dave?  Just, love.  He was hilariously drunk ("I hope they get the lights right because I don't know what I'm doing up here"), but, more importantly, he was absolutely brilliant on stage.  The sounds that come out of his body are unbelievable.
They played a great set, including Funny The Way It Is, Time Bomb, So Much To Say, Alligator Pie, Jimi Thing, Don't Drink The Water, and an acoustic version of Baby Blue which was the first of his encore.  All in all it was a great night.  OH!  One more thing: if and when you go to a Dave concert you have to remember to bring along your Sarah Goodine - she is absolutely insane when it comes to DM and will guarantee a good time. 

No comments: