I wanted to keep some kind of journal about my life living in England, and I figured what better way to do that, while also keeping my friends and family up to date, than with a blog. So here it is - enjoy; I know I am!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Got Me On My Knees

I would be so jealous if I wasn't me.  On Saturday February 13th my friends Sarah and Kari and I went to see Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck at the O2 Arena in London.  The tickets cost a pretty penny (one hundred and thirty pounds to be exact), but it was totally worth it.  I believe my exact words when Sarah asked me if I wanted to go were, "Um...YES!  He's going to die soon!"  And oh am I glad I did!  He was absolutely amazing!  The second song he played was his ever-famous Layla, and he also played other greats including Cocaine, I Shot the Sheriff, and Wonderful Tonight (my personal favorite).  He also played some songs that I have never heard, which was great to hear.  And we were so close!  Which obviously made the experience that much better.  I am so happy that I can say I have seen one of the greatest musicians and rock stars of all time live in concert.  I am so cool.

No comments: