I wanted to keep some kind of journal about my life living in England, and I figured what better way to do that, while also keeping my friends and family up to date, than with a blog. So here it is - enjoy; I know I am!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

London Bridge is Falling Down



On Friday night I went to visit my friend Ashley from University who's living and teaching in London.  I left after work on the train and actually managed to ride the subway (with a transfer!) all by myself.  So proud.  When I got there, we walked and subway-ed our way through London to a restaurant called Sophie's, where I met a few of her friends.  I got to see Covent Garden Market at night, which was really pretty all decorated for Christmas. 

We went to a couple bars, had some wine (go figure), AND what was even more amazing: I got to meet JIM HALPERT!  (For those of you who don't know who Jim Halpert is, he's the man I love from The Office -- and one of Ashley's friends reminded me EXACTLY of him).  It was kind of spooky in a wonderful way.


The next day Ashley took me around London to see some of the sights I haven't seen yet: we went to The Tower of London and London Bridge, and she also showed me this pretty amazing church that a satanist built, the building where all the hangings used to take place, Picadilly Circus, and Carnaby Street.  We also had lunch at a place called GBK: Gourmet Burger Kitchen (seriously the best burger I've ever had -- and I know I say that about a lot of food in this country, but seriously...better than Little Beaver).
All-in-all it was a good couple of days.  Although I definitely came to the conclusion that I am a small-town girl at heart.  Quite frankly, I was getting a little sick of riding the subway.  It gets WAY TOO hot on that thing.

No comments: